- Up-to-date information about programs and services that are available to you
- A large selection of resources and brochures
- Access to a printer, photocopier and scanner
- Access to fax machines and telephones (for local calls)
English language assessment appointments and testing
- Find out if you are eligible for a Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT), sometimes referred to as a CLB test.
- Once an assessment is completed, you can be referred to the Language Instruction for Newcomers in Canada (LINC) program provided by the Government of Canada (CIC) or the Stage 1 program funded by the Government of Saskatchewan (AEEI).
Appointments and referrals for Settlement Services
- The NIC can refer you to the appropriate settlement service. Referrals can be made to federally funded Settlement Counsellors or a provincially funded Settlement Advisor.
The NIC can also provide referrals and information to employment services, community programs and many other resources.
- If possible, please have family members or friends who speak some English assist you.
- We provide interpretation services by phone in 170 languages including French, Chinese (Mandarin), German, Korean, Farsi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Urdu, Bengali, Somali, Swahili, Amharic, Vietnamese, Acholi, S’gaw (Karen), Dzongkha (Bhutanese), Tigrinya, Arabic, Nepalese, and Hebrew.